Gmail can be created easily by anyone within a few minutes. This is one of the main advertising platforms where free emails on bulk can be sent to anyone across the globe. In fact, Gmail is a perfect email service provider for you to carry out bulk email marketing etc. There is no doubt on its security as it enables you to protect your email account from any unauthorized access. You can add your alternative email Id or personal contact number to protect your www.Gmail.com account.
Gmail was first made on April 1, 2004, as a beta release. It uses POP3 protocols. However, it was implemented and launched only on February 7, 2007, to make it available to the worldwide people. Google has been updating Gmail account and its features to give more services to the general public. The updated version of Gmail was made available to the people on July 2, 2009, with the introduction of the Google Apps suite. As claimed, Google is still in the continuous efforts to make Gmail a big hit and equipped with exclusive services to its users.
Initially, Google has the storage capacity of 1GB for a single user. Later, it expanded it’s per user storage capacity up to 25MB. Some of the amazing features offered by Google are its conversation view just like discussion forums. Researchers claim that Gmail is the most widely used webmail all over the world with 425 million users. Gmail is the first app on Google Play store, introduced in May 2014 to provide Android installation to millions of people.
By 2012, Gmail has increased its free storage to 10 GB and there was also a launch of Google Drive, where the users can store their important files and documents. This amazing feature of Gmail gives its users the opportunity to store and retrieve important documents in Google Drive as and when they want.
How to Connect Multiple Gmail Accounts to Receive All Emails in a Primary Gmail
It was in 2013, Google increased its storage space to 15 GB and introduced other features called Google + Photos. This is a platform where the users can store their personal photos and share it with your friends or relatives. All these services offered in Gmail are free. However, if you have any additional storage requirement, you can buy it using a monthly subscription plan. Until 2015, the free storage space limit is 15 GB. For your personal use, you can avail paid plans and storage space up to 30 TB.
If you are planning to open a Gmail account, it can do easily and in simple steps. All you need to do is to go to the web page www.Gmail.com and create your personal account. It takes some easy steps and just following these instructions, you can make your personal Gmail account in just a few minutes.
How to Add Trusted Senders to Your Gmail
So, let us have a look at the steps of free Gmail account creation:
- Firstly, you are supposed to go to your browser and go to the webpage, www.Gmail.com. You will be then redirected to the Gmail sign up page. Since, you don’t have a Gmail account and you are yet to create it, you have to click on “sign up” option.
- Once you click on the sign-up option, you will have to click on “create an account” button.
- After you click on “create an account” button, you will have to fill a form with your personal details. This online form will ask you to fill your personal details
- You need to fill in your first and last name as given in the form.
- The next option is to choose a username. A username is a name that you like to be given as your identity name in your Gmail address. You can use your own name of any other fancy name as per your wish as the username.
- Once you give a username, Gmail has an automatic checking option about the username availability. If your username given is not available and is already taken, then you will get a couple of username options from Gmail to choose from them. If you feel them not satisfactory, you can again try with new usernames, as many times you want.
How to Change Your Gmail Account Password
- If a username you gave is available, then you can go ahead with the next step. As the next step, you have to create a password for your Gmail account. Ideally, this password has to be unique with alphanumerical digits( a combination of numbers and alphabets). It is also advisable to create a password that can be easily remembered by you. Otherwise, the best option is to create a password and note it down so that you will not forget it in the next tome Gmail login.
- Now when you choose a password, as the next step, you have to confirm the password. This can be done by simply rewriting the same password.
- After that, you need to fill in your Date of birth
- The next blank column asks for your gender, which you have to mention.
- After that, you can fill in your current reachable mobile number. This is an optional one. However, giving your mobile number will make your Gmail account more protected from any hacks or unauthorized access. You can always get an alert in your mobile number about any attempt to unknown Gmail login to your account.
- The next option is to give your current email address. It may not be the first time you will be creating an email id. If so, in that case, you have to fill in that column with an existing email address that you have. It can be of any other email service providers like Rediff mail, Hotmail, yahoo mail etc. This is also an optional one. However, giving an alternative email id will make your Gmail account more safe and secure from any illegal hacks.
- As the next step, you will be asked to write a verification code in the column given below. You will be able to see a box, in which some digits will be shown. All you need to do is just to rewrite the same in the given box. This is done to prove that you are not a robot and doing it from a genuine source.
How to Set Up 2 Step Verification for Your Gmail Account
- If you are planning to skip this step, then you will be sent a verification code to your given mobile number. You just have to enter that verification code to the “Type the text” box below.
- Now you have to choose your location from the options given. Your current location will be automatically shown there based on your system access and IP address.
- Now when you click on “Next step”, you will be taken to an introductory page of services, where you need to click on the option “I am ready to use my account”.
- Now you will be able to go to Gmail login page and it will take you to your inbox. In the logged in page, you will be able to use other personalized services like Android, YouTube, search option, maps, Google Play, Googledrive, News, Google+, Calendar, translate, photos, blogs and many more.
Now your Gmail account is ready to use where you can avail with amazing extra features. All your incoming emails will be categorized with options like Home, Social Network, and Promotion.